Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Great Day

Yesterday was a day of serious fun. I began my "official" race season training by running a 5K (3.1 miles) in the morning. I finished next to last but almost everyone else running was younger and without children. I'm just glad I finished considering I have not been running consistently since I was about 5 months prego. Anyways, it took me 37 minutes and gives me a great starting point for running the Bangkok half marathon in November!! Jeff and Chloe also ran the race and Chloe loved it. I'm not sure how much Jeff enjoyed pushing the stroller the entire 3 miles but he finished ahead of me so it must not have been too bad. I told him next time I would push- maybe.

Anyways, that may have only been fun for me. The real fun came later. A big group of us went to a theme park called King's Dominion. It is similar to Six Flags but with more water rides and possibly more roller coasters. It was great. It was very warm in the morning and early afternoon so we decided to all go to the water park for a few hours. Aside from all the water slides and raft rides, etc. there was a tide pool that simluates tidal waves that Chloe could get in. Here are some pics...

When Chloe began to look like this, we decided to head for water:



At first, she wasn't so sure about the waves, but soon...


She loved them!!!



What a great day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pics. You all look great! Sure miss you and looking forward to seeing you next month.
Mom

Barbara Allen said...

Yay, runner! I have not been so dedicated -- I have scaled back to a long, hard nightly walk with some interspersed running thrown in. It still burns, though. :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see some pics & hear what you have been up to! Praying for you! Lauren Roberts