Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

It's the end of the world as we know it...

When I first came to training for our new job, I didn’t really know who I was in relation to our new position. I had a vague idea of what I liked to do and what my abilities were but I had no idea how to use them. Over the last few weeks, I feel that I have been shown where I should focus my efforts. Namely, writing. Writing what? I didn’t know.

Then came a mini-crisis in our job and I felt unimportant, overlooked and forgotten. I felt that I was being asked “could I be happy with just doing small things forever?"

I honestly couldn’t answer. I really didn’t think I could be happy.

“But Lord,” I questioned. “I want to do great things. Why would you give me abilities and focus my efforts then ask me to not only just be faithful to do little things (like journal each day and spend time in the word) but actually tell me and put me in a position that I can ONLY do small things.”

Once again, I heard an answer that I have not been called to happiness but rather to faithfulness and obedience. Then, a revelation hit me. In the Book it talks about steady plodding brings prosperity. This means that it is the little steps you take each day and the faithfulness to be obedient in the menial tasks that ultimately leads to prosperity- the great things.

You don’t just do big things, it’s all the small things added together. The big picture can be broken down into thousands of little dots that represent all the small things we do out of faithfulness and obedience. I am doing great things already!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a witness you and Jeff have been to your family!!! Watching your growth in Christ Jesus as he prepares you for a fabulous blessing and journey. Thank you for sharing your ups and downs. They have been a real blessing to me. I love you
Great Aunt Kaye