Pages

Friday, August 6, 2010

I heart Sick Days

Wednesday morning Chloe woke up with a fever and a runny nose. Yesterday, I took Ava to get her Polio, Hib and DTaP shots. Today I woke up with a headache and a stomache.  After the girls naps today, we all felt blah.  Ava has a runny nose and a little fever from her shots.  My headache just won't give in and Chloe was still complaining of an upset stomach.  So we did the best thing in the world:

We stayed inside all afternoon and evening watching princess movies and eating popcorn with lots of butter.  Now, I know health nuts and the doctor will tell me that butter only makes runny noses and upset stomachs and headaches feel worse. But they are wrong.  There is nothing more comforting than eating a handful of popcorn soggy with butter (as long as you don't wipe it on the couch).

I just put snotty-nosed Ava to bed and Chloe just drew a beautiful picture of a yellow, mommy princess.  She is now prancing around the living room saying "I a princess.  A beautiful, beautiful princess."

I love sick days.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm sorry you guys have been under the weather! Jacob was just saying we needed to get the girls together again soon-- after you all start feeling better again of course! Definitely will have to try the buttery popcorn cure -- pretty sure that will cure any ailment Keely will ever have! And too cute about Chloe dancing around being a princess!

Mom Weathers said...

I loved this! Sorry for the illnesses but what's more precious than spending time with your two little "Princess's". They grow up so fast.