Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Month In Review

Well, we have been in the great city of Taipei for almost one month. We have been living in a temporary apartment that seems to never stay clean thanks to the help of two little urchins. The littlest urchin has slept through the night twice in six weeks and the older urchin gets her kicks out of hearing the little one scream.

Every time we leave the apartment it is an adventure in patience as well as a risk that we may never make it back where we started from. Driving is not so bad as trying to get where you want to go due to the no-left turn rule. I challenge you to try for one day driving your normal routine without ANY left turns. Just try it and get back to me. For real!

Jeff leaves on Saturday for two weeks in America and there is a greater than 99% chance that our ocean freight will arrive before he gets back. Fortunately, we have some great friends who have offered to help me while I move in to our new and permanent apartment. We are moving into an awesome place that aches for visitors (hint, hint).

Learning Chinese is giving me a headache and all that seems to come out of my mouth is Thai. I can't use the correct tone to save my life. When I practice what I have learned on the street the people look at me like I just insulted their mother or dog and then called them fat. Then they laugh at me, say something unintelligible, take a picture of the girls and walk off continuing to laugh. Jeff is no better at it than I am.

Regardless, we have met some really great people. Chloe has already attended a birthday party and we have already made a great Taiwanese friend who has daughters close to the same ages as Chloe and Ava. Speaking of the little boogers. Here are some new pics:


Ava has decided that she is a puppy and walks around with this soccer ball in her mouth. I think she is teething. At least that is what I tell myself because the alternative is that my child is not normal. That thought is just too much to handle with everything else going on.

And here is sweet, independent, strong-willed, I'm not going to listen to you, how many times do you have to sit in time-out to stop hitting your sister, how did the terrible two's become the terrible three's, fiery little Chloe.



Making brownies. Aaaghh comfort food. Send more Pinto Beans and Malt-O-Meal!

2 comments:

Mills said...

LOL your descriptions are funny. and those girls are just so precious heheheheheheheh. The curse at work.

Anonymous said...

We laugh now, but we remember when! Just smile and say, (repeat as many times as necessary) "slow me down, Lord; these are your precious creations".

Thinking of you daily,
Gma and Gpa