Pages

Friday, December 18, 2009

We're Back

Special thanks goes out to our neighbor and friend for getting our internet working at our new apartment.

In other news- it's COLD. Today was about 50 degrees and raining. That doesn't sound too cold until you consider the fact that we have cement walls with no insulation, tile floors and lots of big beautiful glass doors and windows and NO heating. So, basically it is the same temp inside as it is outside. This cold spell hit just at the right time though because we had packed two oil radiator heaters and two electric blankets to keep us all snug and cozy through the cold nights.

Last night, I was tired from unpacking tons of boxes and decided against plugging in the electric blanket. I also only unpacked one heater and put it in the room for the girls on low. Around midnight I regretted both of those decisions. The girls woke up cold and my nose was frozen. I turned up their heater and they stayed cozy the rest of the evening and I slept with the blankets over my head in my new super-comfy king-size bed. Thank you T and J! Tonight I will use the electric blanket AND heater. :)

The apartment is waaayyy too embarrasing to post any pics of it just yet. We have stuff everywhere and I found one really old, dirty diaper in amongst a pile of boxes from some furniture we set up several weeks ago. I'll let you use your imagination but let's just say the beginnings of flies were all over it.

Jeff returns late tomorrow night to a new home and a new bed. The last two weeks have been very good for me because contrary to what I thought would have happened I actually really enjoyed the girls. It's been a little daunting at times to juggle both girls, moving stuff from one apartment to the other, unloading boxes and trying to keep elevator doors from closing on us in the process. But overall it's been really fun to just have some mommy and Chloe and Ava time. This morning we had a breakfast picnic in their new playroom under their old Dora tent. Partly because it was so cold in the apartment that the three of us in the tent with the heater on was nice and toasty.

I'll post pics of our new neighborhood whenever it stops raining.

2 comments:

Mills said...

That is what living is all about. Good to hear of these things.

Anonymous said...

Good, good! glad you are moved in and getting set up. I'm sure you have no doubt had some help from friends, and I'm glad for that... good friends are the greatest! You'll never forget these experiences, right? I didn't realize you would have some cold weather over there -- glad you packed electric blankets and heaters! Love to all.
Gma Pat