Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Earthquakes and Cold Fronts

Jeff returned late Saturday night from two weeks in America. I was extremely eager for him to return and tried to wait up but alas two weeks with two rambunctious girls I was dozing off before 9pm. Chloe was also anxious for Daddy's return so I let her lay in bed with me. About 10 minutes later the bed began shaking. I scolded Chloe for not laying still and then realized that it was shaking much more than her tiny 30lb frame could possibly accomplish. It was an earthquake. And not just any earthquake. It was a 6.4 about 90 miles south of Taipei. After I jerked Chloe out of the bed and ran to get Ava the shaking began to subside. Quite shaken myself I was wide awake most of the night until Jeff returned. The next morning Chloe awoke and was excited to see Daddy. But when he asked her if she wanted to get on our bed, she said "no Daddy, no more shake. It scare me." The quake didn't do any damage and was considered quite small but it did shake me up a bit.

We are weathering the cool front and it seems to be getting warmer for the next few days. We wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy a New Year

4 comments:

Nana Weathers said...

I guess you need to strongly reassure Chloe that she didn't cause the bed to shake like it did. (I can imagine her little mind thinking it could have been her fault after you just telling her to lay still) Jeff could have related to that one after being in the San Francisco quake.
I did have a good laugh but still feel sorry for our baby.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm glad you are writing all of this down -- when you are my age you will look back and say, "man, how did I manage all of that with two little ones?" I can tell you that will happen because of our own experiences - just not over in a strange country with people "no speaka the English".

Love, Gma Pat

Anonymous said...

It would be something to fear that high in the bldging. It is an eeeeeke feeling. I'm glad you all are safe and Jeff is back with you and the girls.
This is Dec 23 and and Christmas is upon us. Pat and I wish you and Jeff and the girls a very merry Christmas. We have Brad's three young one here (Joy, Abby & Danny) From Miami plus Chance and his new wife from Ft. Hood, Tex. Your mother and dad were suppose to come Christmas Day Then we got a call this afternoon and they can't make. We have a house full any how and we have a pretty Christmas Tree on the outside deck with light and all the decorations. It looks like we will get snow Christmas, 1 to 2 inches. Abby and Danny have never seen snow so they are really looking forward to this.
Hug the girls for us and tell them Ggpa and Ggma are thinking about all of you. May God Bless
Gpa L. E.

Valerie said...

I'm so glad you all are okay! Poor Chloe -- she'll probably remember that shaking bed for a while! :) Merry Christmas to you all from the Fischer's!