Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A Day In The Life

Space


One of the things that I have become mostly accustomed to but I also miss dearly is space. When an entire country is crammed into a small sliver of an island, open range becomes a rarity. There are a few unique and beautiful getaways just minutes from our door that we frequently try to take advantage of. However, overall in the day-to-day existence of things I am usually in someone else's way or they are in mine. Rarely do I go through the course of a routine day and not bump into, step in front of or about get run over by someone.

It reminds me of the old Star Trek intro "Space: The Final Frontier" except I could say "Space: The Elusive Frontier."

Talk later!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh ... Star Trek! It made its debut when Diana, Larry & Brad were in elementary school and they were seriously deprived if they missed a show! I confess to watching a few with them!

Space ---- your picture reminds me of looking out an airplane window; oh, if only I could fly like a bird! as you know we just returned from Miami -- people and cars and more people and more cars. We have driven in some of the largest cities in the USA - Houston, Dallas, Los Angeles, Atlanta, to name a few; but nothing compares to Miami. Mercy! but they have several million people crowded down on that small dangling peninsula of land; few have a backyard deeper than 50' and you have never seen the like of "free-for-all"- scrambles at toll booths -- some 14-15 booths each way, and no markings for lanes; and when you get out of traffic, it is people and more people --- sounds very much like you are describing over there. Makes us appreciate "The Woods".

Girl in Baggy Greens said...

Lovely blog. It reminds me of my own page, I used to have the same background theme!
Where I live there is ample space.. Your post was a nice reminder to not take it for granted.

Girl in Baggy Greens