Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A Day In The Life

Lately, I've experienced "bloggers block."  This phenomena is like writer's block except I just can't think of things to post on our blog.  Taipei has almost become second-nature and we have settled into a routine that is usually unchaged.  Things that were new and blog-worthy to me a year ago, have become overlooked and mundane.

To help regain some of the awe of this wonderful country, I will try to post 1 picture a week of something that seems ordinary to me but in America, it is not normal.  Here is this week's:

 How many places in the world can boast beautiful mountains and sandy beaches as well as a rocky ocean coastline all within two hours of a major city? Taipei Can!

4 comments:

Andrew the Camera Guy said...

cool picture!

Anonymous said...

Heather, Gpa is wondering whether Jeff caught anything (that is him up on the rock!) ha

Good you are changing up your blog somewhat, doing something different when things become so ordinary. I am reminded of the time when your 16-year old dad backed his car into the drive, rather than coming straight in. When I asked him why, he said, "simple. Sometimes life gets so boring you just have to park your car in the drive backwards".

We'll be watching for that picture/week as well as pictures of Chloe and Ava; you are right, we don't get to see these things in the good old USA.

Gma Pat

The Weathers said...

Andrew: Thanks for the compliment and welcome to our blog.

Gma: Haha- no that's not Jeff up on that rock. He, Chloe and Ava were rock jumping behind me. :)

Mom Weathers said...

Looks like one of the areas you took us. (The Unusual Rocks lookout?)I need to load my pics on my computer so I can relive our trip. Beautiful!