Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

What Ava's name?

Chloe and Ava are reaching the age of funny things they do and say.  So, for all you grandma's out there in viewer land- I title this post "How cute are my grandkids"

Cute thing #1: 
Chloe: "Mommy, what your name?
Self: "You know my name, what is it?
Chloe: "Header"
Self: That's right, What's Daddy's name?
Chloe: "Deff. What Ava's name?"
Self: You tell me, what's Ava's name?
Chloe: hmmmm, Bubby Sissy?


Cute thing #2: Ava pointed at me and called me mommy today.  So sweet.

Cute thing #3:
(yelled through the bathroom door)
"Mom, you there? It's me Chloe.  Mom? Can you hear me?"

Cute thing #4 Ava twirls in a circle and then does a funny little shake whenever she hears music.  It's pretty wild.

And I leave you with update pics of Ava.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, how precious are those great-grands!!! I love hearing those little cutey sayings and pictures! Goodness, Ava looks like her daddy, doesn't she? I'm glad you are writing these cute things down... trust me, time will fade some of those cute sayings and you will be so glad you wrote them down. My Mom told me that and at the time I thought "... hmmmmm, I'll never forget that!
Love you all,
Gma Pat & Gpa L.E.

Wendy said...

Hi!
I "accidentally" found you when I misstyped in another blogname! I love your blog. Are you in Taipei? My 20-year-old daughter's best friend just returned from a month in Taiwan working with "Children's Programs" ministry. I love the way you share about your life in an Asian culture. My husband's sister and her family have lived in Japan for the last 32 years, and we have had many Japanese people in our home because of that--we love them. Lots of different cultural things, though, for sure. I enjoyed visiting, and I'll be back!
I hope you will visit me at www.faithfultojesus.blogspot.com
Blessings,
Wendy
Faith's Firm Foundation

Shanna said...

Oh my gosh - ava is just beautiful! Love the cute things too - i think my favorite was the calling for you out the bathroom door!

Anonymous said...

Just read your history of China's attempts at democracy after the turn of the last century. Interesting! We had the privilege of knowing a husband and wife missionary couple to China during that time (Boxer Rebellion). They were there for more than 20 years. I was young when I knew them, and they were way old, into their late 70's. Wish I had paid more attention to their stories. I do recall that at one time it was so dangerous, they were hidden for quite some time by a Chinese family that had converted to Christianity. A wonderful old couple that did much to favor the cause of Christianity.

Gma Pat