Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Survival Language Day 1

Nie Hao!

Today we had our first language lesson. Or maybe I should say survived our first language lesson. We have a tutor coming to our house every morning to help us get down some basic language before we start our formal language training in December.

So, today we learned our numbers, greetings, how to ask "how much" and "my name is". We even got new Chinese names.

That's a lot for one lesson. Anyways, here is your first lesson in Chinese.

Numbers 1 to 10

1 Yi (EEEE)
2 Er (are)
3 San (son)
4 Si (Ziiii)
5 Wu (Ooooh)
6 Liu (Leeooohh)
7 Qi (Chi)
8 Ba (baaa)
9 Jiu (Jeeoooo)
10 Shi (Shiir)

2 comments:

Debbra said...

Hey, keep this up, I need a cheap education. See, so far I'm doing pretty good keeping up with your blog!! Love you guys- Debbra

Anonymous said...

Love hearing all of the "ups and downs" What an experience for you both. We lived in four different STATES- not quite the same thing, for sure! -- I wish G.G. were there to help; I'm still enjoying the pictures you sent, as well as remembering little Chloe running to me with arms outstretched - "G.G., G.G." Precious!