Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Funny Friday

I know today is Saturday but I was really busy yesterday and I didn't want to wait another week before I introduced "funny friday". A friend of mine does this on her blog and I thought it was a great idea. Basically, when I don't have anything else new to share I will post a funny thought, picture or story.

This week's funny Friday is "Top 5 questions people who live overseas are asked" (with answers in parentheses)

1. Are you going to take your kids with you? (We were going to but if you are offering we would be happy to pick them up next stateside)

2. How close is Taiwan to the fighting in Iraq? (It's not. Not at all)

3. Will you live in a grass hut? (No, just no)

4. Was Taiwan damaged much by the 2004 Tsunami? (That's the wrong ocean, there is a continent in between.)

5. What will you do with all your stuff? (What stuff? We own 8 suitcases and a laptop- no home, no car, no TV)

3 comments:

Shanna said...

I haven't asked one of these.. does this make me a good or bad friend??? :)

Anonymous said...

After telling someone that we were moving overseas, and that we had been planning and thinking about it for a LONG time, this person said, "you know, you are going to have to learn a new language." They said this like it was supposed to be news to me. All I said was "uh huh." Genius. Leslie B.

Morgan said...

Very funny! And what a great idea for a post. ;)

I just got asked the other day if we were bringing the kids with us again when we return to Taiwan in August. Nah--we thought we would just dump them at their grandparents for the next 3 years! :)