Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2008

She's walking now

She's still a little tipsy but Chloe can officially walk all by herself.


She has to keep her hands straight in front of her to maintain balance. She is very, very tall for her age.



Sometimes she gets stranded and needs help.


Speaking of Chloe, here's a funny story:

Chloe was boycotting her nap one day. She decided to protest peacefully and stage a sit-in. She was quietly playing on her bed and waiting for me to come get her when I peeked in. She was so quiet I thought she might have fallen asleep thereby avoiding the hassle of a dinnertime fit. I was wrong. She was staring at the door for the slightest hint that I might be checking on her. As I cracked the door 1/2 inch she began to wave at me and smile. So, of course I laughed at the cute little critter that refuses to talk but understands much more than she lets on. I layed her down and a few minutes later I went to check again. I expected to be waved at again but instead I found this:


She had fallen asleep on her bed sitting up with her blanket. Her head is butted against the wall as close to the door as is possible.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - how precious is that!!!! No doubt she wanted you to tell grandmas, great-grandmas, aunts and friends a little more about her activities! She is still a beautiful child, and precious little thing - learning how to get along in this world by walking, smiling, reaching. It won't be long before she takes off with a string of jabbering. I recall you did that, Heather, when you were around 2. You kept your Mom, Grandma Gladys & I entertained for at least 30 minutes.

Love, Gma Pat

Erika and Nick said...

Okay, that has to be the cutest! I love the pictures of her with her arms straight out to keep balance! She is getting so big. Miss you all! Love, Erika and Nick