Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Jeff

Monday marked the anniversary of Jeff's 32nd year on Earth. While I am sure he could never have imagined his choices taking him clear across the world, I hope he does not regret even one single decision.

I for one could not be happier with him and am so glad to have shared almost 9 years of marriage and two children with someone so unique in spirit and character.

I appreciate his willingness to pitch in around the house and I never pick up his dirty socks off the floor. I love his thirst for life and have enjoyed being able to explore the world together.

Just yesterday I was recounting the story of our honeymoon to my Taiwanese friend. I told her that when we got married we did not have much money to go on a lavish trip to Hawaii or Europe so we opted for a sweet week in the mountains in Colorado.  It was a great trip.  My friend remarked that we had chosen wisely to start out on a small vacation because we have lots more years to take big trips to exotic places.  She paused and said "like to Taiwan."  I laughed and replied. "yeah, Taiwan, Thailand, Burma, China, Tibet, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia and Canada (if that counts). Next stop Europe!"

I could not have a better traveling companion and the girls could not ask for a better playmate, guidance counselor, diaper changer, and provider.

So, Happy Birthday dear Jeff.  Can't wait to see where the next 32 years take us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well said. I couldn't have guessed we would go on the adventures that we have. It's been quite a ride so far. I'm glad for this season of life we chose the adventure rather than climbing that stressful corporate ladder!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday from Oklahoma! :) And way to go on picking up your socks.

David and Tricia said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday Jeff from the Browns!

Kristy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jeff! We sure miss you guys and think of you daily!

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Jeff.... I don't believe I have ever met two more wonderful people than the two of you.....

Love you guys and glad you like to travel, because I love to visit.