Pages

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Bubble Baths




Ava is almost 7 mos. old and is now able to do a few things with Chloe (supervised, of course). One of her favorites is pool time and bubble bath. Two weeks ago we were able to move into a house that our company provides for people in the states. It's really nice with a big fenced backyard that the girls love to play in. Grandma bought the girls a small blow-up swimming pool and they spend loads of time splashing each other.




The house also has a piano. I have been practicing again for the first time in 15 years. (The only music I could find was an old baptist hymnal. I have become quite proficient at "Amazing Grace", "Holy, Holy, Holy" and "Be Thou My Vision") It's fun to actually play something again. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed it when I was younger.


Our time is rapidly winding down in the states and we are trying to purchase all the things we think we will need for our new home as well as for ourselves. Top on the list for me is jeans. I spent 5 hours today looking for a pair of jeans that didn't say "skinny" or "boyfriend" on the tag. Regardless of the brand and style, every pair said "these jeans will make your legs look thinner and your stomach flatter and you will be happy every day for the rest of your life." BUT... every pair I tried on just made me look too young or too old. I can't pull of the matchstick frame you need for skinny jeans and I am tired of squeezing my thighs into bootcut jeans that just fall off my waist. I did find one pair that I liked but for the low, bargain price of $136 I passed.

2 comments:

Morgan said...

We are excited for you guys to get here!

I hear you on the jeans. The only pair I have found that actually fit me and are comfortable (and aren't trendy, weird, too young, or too mom-ish) are Gap's Curvy jeans. I love, love, love them, but at $65 a pair, I always have to wait for a good sale or a gift card to splurge. :) Anyway, they have a wider waistband so they don't "gap" and are actually made for a grown-up's body (hips, anyone?). Just thought I'd pass that along!

Anonymous said...

I buy my jeans at Wal-Mart. They fit will as well (or as badly) as the more expensive jeans.

VK