Pages

Friday, December 14, 2007

Sometimes you just gotta go a little CRAZY

Last week I got the idea to do something a little out of the ordinary. Actually, Jeff gave me the idea. Since he and I are normally cautious and sane people, we have to do crazy things every once in awhile or nothing exciting would ever happen. If you exclude our recent journey around the world, our trip to China and having a kid, I haven't really done much too interesting the last few months. So I thought it might be time to loosen up and quit acting like such a mom.

My options were:

1. Body piercing: But I was a little afraid of the pain and sometimes the piercing boutiques can be unsanitary.

2. Tattoo: same objections as above but add to it the permanent, never-leaving-your-body factor and that was out as well.

3. Hair color: Ding, ding, ding. Not permanent, no pain involved and no health code violations to worry about.

So, I am taking a poll. I am interested to see how many of our friends and family still check out our blog and I am also curious as to what you think about my new hairdo.

Please take a second and vote just to the right of this entry. You have until Midnight Christmas Day to decide the fate of my hair.

So, what do you think? Should I keep the red streaks?



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's just because I've never seen you as anything except a blond....maybe it's the close-up pose....maybe it's .....aaahhhh...maybe...aaahhh. Maybe I had better just stop here and wish you all three a Verrryy, Merry, Christmas!!!!
Still love you, red hair and all!
Jan

Barbara Allen said...

I love it, only I'd add some black streaks, too! So it's like a really gothy do! But really, I like it.

Unknown said...

LOL Quick somebody get the fahrstingisher!!

Anonymous said...

I really like it!! I voted for the love it but I do have to put a disclaimer that I won't do it to my own - one time I had a color that had a little red tint in my hair and my dad actually noticed and said something slightly negative about it!! If he notices and says something - then it's not for me! Did Chloe react? What does Jeff think? I like it - definitely keep it for awhile - it's fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow, it isn't Heather!!!! Except for the eyes, I would never have recognized you at all; are you planning to go incognito? ha I think everyone has to try a hair color at some time (I tried to stay blonde instead of going white; I gave it up after the hassle of keeping it up subsided). The red streaks are definitely "in" here in the states, but I love your blonde hair.

Love, Gma Pat

Kenneth said...

I also needed another option similar to Shanna's. Like the change, but don't expect to see me sporting red tints anytime soon. I too would like to do something to shake things up a bit. Not sure what yet but if you have any suggestions let me know.

Anonymous said...

Heather! I think it's so cute! I don't think I'd be that brave to do it to myself, but I think it's great to try something new and different. I, too (like someone else commented), think you should add some dark brown streaks to it... But, I really like it!
-Katie

Anonymous said...

I like it! Hey, you've gotta try new things every now and then. It brings out the blue in your eyes. Corny huh, but I think it's cute. I used to put red in my hair, until I began to go grey, that is. Now it's blonde for me, hides the grey better. Did you color it yourself, or have it done? Your adventure to the hill country sounds like fun.

You mentioned that time was going by quickly. It's amazing how fast time does go by. Enjoy every minute of your adventures while you can. You know there is a Christian song that says " It's not who you know or what you did, but how you lived." That's what makes your life different from everyone else.

Love you,

Merry Christmas

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Love the color! You are so much braver than I am. I agonize over going 'medium blonde' or 'dark blonde'!
Even tho I haven't emailed you directly, I read about your adventures via blog at least once a week. Chloe is growing up so fast, getting ready to walk, learning new words (will she speak English with a Thai accent or speak Thai with an English accent?).
Wishing you a happy Christmas & a wonderful New Year,
The Greens in NM

Anonymous said...

i love it. of course this is coming from a fifteen year old who wants to put blue in her hair but i love it. it makes your eyes look gorgeous

-Allyssa

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, What a change. I think it is really cute. The pose and glasses ad class!! Would like to see some blonde streaks in it.

That changed you as much as my blonde hightlights changed my looks....They say change is good. How did Chole react to the change in your looks?? I hope you all had a blessed Christmas
Love
Great Aunt Kay